Saturday, October 13, 2007

4/10/06 - how I trust thee, repairman...

April 10, 2006 - Monday

9:06 PM - how I trust thee, repairman...

Funny how I wouldn't let anyone mess with my gorgeous new stereo cabinet (complete with amazing AM/FM radio and turntable) but let someone with a touchingly simple business card walk into my house while I was there alone, take the turntable apart, and walk out.

He's supposed to call me in the next couple of days to let me know if the turntable can be fixed; but if it can't be, he's going to look for another turntable that will fit in its place. How am I to know that he's not stolen some highly-valuable antique from me? How can I trust that he'll ever call me back, let alone return the stereo equipment? Why did I even let him in the house in the first place, being a young lady who lives alone and is prone to trusting people more than she should sometimes?

This just reminds me of how quick we are (or at least how quick I am) to trust those who seem kind and genuine. Perhaps it's stupid naivete, but I like to think that I have an apparatus in my highly-evolved brain that will give me Creep Factor signals if someone is unsafe. No, this system ....

....and I've been drinking too much. Meaning one, which is too much when it's mixed the way I mixed it.

Yep, just hit home. JUST THEN. I kid you not. I love when "blogs" go nowhere. Usually I delete them in these instances, but right now I'm just going to let it go; let it FLOW, man. Ha ha. I am celebrating having finished my comps and haven't lost my train of thought. Rather, I just got bored with myself. Again.

Ha. Lawd help a poor girl like me. Oh, and if you're reading this right NOW (yes, NOW) and are hungry, come over here and order pizza with me. Now.

1 Comment

Laura

I want to come order a pizza with you to celebrate! Why is Virginny so far away from Athens? Argh. (FYI - I just made tea and thought of you.)

No comments: