Saturday, October 13, 2007

10/2/06 - whattup 4:45 AM alarm?!

October 2, 2006 - Monday

2:39 PM - whattup 4:45 AM alarm?!

Tomorrow my alarm will go off at around 5, give or take a few minutes. I have to babysit at (ready for this?) 5:30 AM. WHaaaaa? Had I had more foresight, I would have suggested some extra payment. Nah, who am I kidding? I wouldn't have asked for extra. But still. I wish I could have some extra dough, all the same. I mean, that's early! That's my bedtime, some nights!

One of my favorite little boys is having minor surgery in the morn, so I have to be there when baby sis wakes up and must also feed and clothe big brother so he can get off to school in time. Real nanny duties, kids. Five or six hours later, I'll come home and maybe sleep.

In the olden days (read: Pittsburgh & NYC coffee shop days), I woke up with frequency to greet the dawn with 5:15 or 5:30 shifts, and as much as I dreaded the alarm, I handled it well. But it's different when you're drinking free caffeine and serving lots of people, chattin' it up and acting chipper like it's your job because it IS your job. Tomorrow I'll be tired. And there will be small children whining and needing to get ready for school.

And what if I feel decidedly Mom-ish?
And what if I don't like it?
And what if I do?

Ew.
Goodbye.

Currently listening :
( )
By Sigur Rós
Release date: By 29 October, 2002

1 Comment



(Steady) Eddy

Surgery on little boys sucks.

Posted by (Steady) Eddy on October 13, 2006 - Friday at 9:14 AM

No comments: