Saturday, October 13, 2007

5/9/06 - harrrummmph.

May 9, 2006 - Tuesday

8:53 PM - harrrummmph.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry about it! Go off, do your thing, I'm cool, I'll just finish my papers and exams and project and then entertain myself tonight. It's cool. I'll probably be too tired and poopy from working on school stuff all day to want to celebrate anyway."

Or at least that's what I said to all the L.A. kids who offered to include me in their plans tonight, plans I didn't really want to invade. (Sometimes it's fun to tag along, sometimes not.) I really did think I'd be happy as of 7 PM (10 PM EST) when my last exam was due. Turns out I feel pretty shitty about the paper I turned in this afternoon, great about the project, just fine about the exam, and sort of...teary-eyed about finishing school.

I'm done. Rah Rah. Does anyone want to buy me a beer?

What have I come to? I don't like being teary-eyed alone on a busy street corner, typing to a world of faraway people who (at least I hope) would be here to celebrate if they knew how lonely I just became.

So...yeah. I'm done. With my Master's. At least that's the assumption.
Anyone, anyone?

Self pityingly out of character,
Jan

5 Comments - 8 Kudos

Joe

Janet!

You have become a Master.

I salute you.

However you have always been a Master of my Heart.

Posted by Joe on May 9, 2006 - Tuesday at 11:56 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Perry

Janet!! I'm so proud of you. You're done!!! If it were this time of year back in 2002 we'd be packing up ske rul soon and moving on to the next step in our life. I look forward to seeing what the next step of your life will be at this point. More importantly, I look forward to sharing the next step with you. I love you. You can be my master whenever you want! Ooo la la

Posted by Perry on May 10, 2006 - Wednesday at 1:21 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


This Profile No Longer Exists

[Remove]

amysalley

wheeeee! Janet Master of the Universe or At Least of the Gifted Education Dept.

i'm mentally buying you a beer right now.

Posted by amysalley on May 11, 2006 - Thursday at 3:15 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Siobhan

COME BACK! COME BACK RIGHT NOW! I would buy you so many beers and giggle and throw my hands up in the air and yell in celebration of your Masters! Congratulations, honey.

Posted by Siobhan on May 12, 2006 - Friday at 12:50 AM

No comments: