Saturday, October 13, 2007

9/3/07 - the most important thing you'll ever read

September 3, 2007 - Monday

(This may not be the most thrilling blog for people who aren't wanting to know a lot about me, but I wanted to have a place to preserve it. And this seemed a suitable venue!)


8:17 PM - the most important thing you’ll ever read
Current mood: bouncy

(Yes, I've finally broken down to do one of these!)

10 years ago...

1.) How old were you?:
17

2.) Where did you go to school?:
I had just begun my senior year at Milton High School in Alpharetta. This wasn't the quarter of two independent studies, I don't think. That was the best. First period doing an "independent study" in lit mag with Mrs. Davis and last period hanging out on the front lawn with Meggan Harris, Andrea Erlich, and Chris Reardon during our respective TAG independent studies. (I was doing women's lit.) That was the best quarter ever.

3) Where did you work?
I had eschewed what I'd considered the dorkiness of babysitting, favoring instead to hit up my bottomlessly-pocketed father so I could hang out at Starbucks with my friends. Truly, though, I had a hectic school and play schedule much of the time. I was a little social butterfly kitty when not doing school or clubs or theatre.

4) Where did you live?:
The perfectly cultivated, beautiful but beastly monstrosity we call Windward. The older part. On the lake in the "weathered New England fishing village" called "The Spinnakers." If you don't know what I mean, I'm sorry. I'll break it down briefly: Mobil (yes, the gas company) owns several huge developments across the country, developments spanning several highway exits that encompass large geographical features around which the subdivisions develop. We had manmade Lake Windward, created in/from/on/around Alpharetta's wetlands. When I moved in in 1993, The Spinnakers was the second or third of 17 subdivisions within Windward. When I left it was one of 32. And counting. The place is HUGE.

5.) Where did you hang out?:
Village Playhouses of Roswell (even if i wasn't doing a play, I'd hang out there a lot), Starbucks on Alpharetta Highway & Mansell Rd. (best/easiest place for me to meet up with Lieeish, Dallas, and Peyton since we didn't all go to the same h.s. or live nearby--plus we had an affection for long, aimless, hilarious conversation and had nowhere else to go), Dallas's house, Kate's house, Kim's, etc.

6.) Did you wear glasses?:
I did once in awhile. I'd just gotten them in summer of '97 for driving. I wore them in that one senior picture where I have the baby blue tank top on and my hair is freshly dyed blond and I have pudgy not-quite-grown-up-face. It's cute but cheesy.

7.) Who was your best friend?:
I had lots, as usual. Kate, Kim, Dallas, Lieeish, Peyton, Apy, Sarah C., Tapey, Proph, and many others I'm neglecting to even mention.

8.) How many tattoos did you have?:
zero

9.) How many piercings did you have?
I think by then I had two in each ear. Maybe three in one, two in the other. Maybe just two and two. Yes, as I recall, it was at least two and two. I'd begged my mom for years for that second hole and she'd said no, not a chance in hell. But suddenly one of her younger sisters up and got the second set o' holes poked and that made it okay!!

10) What car did you drive?
Um, I think by then I was driving hte '96 black Nissan 200SX-SER that I drove on and off until a couple years ago when I sold it to a friend.

11.) Had you been to a real party?
No. I was angelic.

-----------5 years ago-----------

1.) How old were you?:
22.

2.) Where did you go to school?
I had finished my undergrad at NYU in May of that year (2002) and was living in Lake Worth, FL (Palm Beach County) doing Literacy*AmeriCorps.

3.) Where did you work?
Toussaint L'Ouverture High School for Arts & Social Justice. I was a tutor & literacy advocate there for L*AC (see above).

4.) Where did you live?:
Lake Worth, FL

5.) Where did you hang out?
At my apartment (Count de Hoernle Student Village..ew. In the ghettooooo...), at South Shore or Dave's, at the beach, in Delray, or at my parents' two hours north. I didn't really go out much. I was pooped a lot. I did enjoy driving on A1A.

6.) Did you wear glasses?:
Occasionally.

7.) Who was your best friend?:
Um, lots of people far and near.

8.) How many tattoos did you have?:
Zero.

9.) How many piercings did you have?:
Ears (3 in one, 2 in the other), belly (oh why?) and the never-placed tongue piercing (why part II?).

10.) What car did you drive?
Same ol' black 1996 Nissan 200 SX-SER

11.) Had your heart broken?:
yes, you could say that.

12.) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorce?:
Single Sally, with no local prospects in sight and only an occasional faraway crush to keep me entertained once in awhile.

----------------2 years ago-------------------

1.) How old were you?:
25

2.) Where did you go to school?:
I was beginning my second year of my M.Ed. in gifted & creative education at UGA.

3.) Where did you work?:
I was the editorial assistant at the _Journal for Secondary Gifted Education_ and also a research assistant on a bibliotherapy project. And a babysitter. And a Ropes course facilitator.

4.) Where did you live?
The Purple Pagoda!!

5.where did you hang out?:
The Dub-P, the Manhattan, ERC, Hot Corner, 283, Caledonia, 40 Watt, anywhere with Siobhan or Tamara or Nancy or Bethany or Daniel or Denise or _______* (insert fun favorite Athens friends here...I'm tired of listing.)

6.) Did you wear glasses?:
Yes, frequently.

7.) Who was your best friend?
This feels like a silly question. All the former people combined plus the new Athens folks I'd acquired.

8.) How many tattoos did you have?
Stop asking me this. The answer will always be no.

9.) How many piercings did you have?
Same as at age 22.

10.) What car did you drive?
I think this was the last time period during which I drove the black Nissan deluxe.

11.) Had your heart broken?:
Not since the last time I'd mentioned.

12.) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorce?:
Single Sally McGee.

--------------------Today--------------------

1.) How old are you?:
27

3.) Where do you work?
Athens Regional Library (storyteller)
Clarke County Dept of Ed (tutor)
Babysitter

4.) Where do you live?
Purple Pagoda (in Addieville!)

5.) Do you wear glasses?:
I wish! Mine are missing a lens. Need new ones but need money first.

6.) Where do you hang out?:
Flicker. Home. Parties if I can take it. Flicker some more. My room some more. Liz's before she up and LEFT ME. With Jim. Downtown. The usual.

7.) Do you talk to your old friends?
Yes, but I've been beating myself up about how infrequent it's become. I guess others could call me more frequently, too, bu t still. I feel bad.

8.) Who is your best friend?:
Don't make me choose just one! I've never liked that, even from a very early age.

9.) How many piercings do you have:
why reverse the order of tattoos & piercings questions now?

10.) How many tattoos?:
zero, fools!

11.) What kind of car do you have?
Perma-borrowing my dad's 2003 Acura 2003 RSX.

12.) Has your heart been broken?
Not since you last checked in on me.

13.) Single/Taken/Married/Divorce?:
Taken like a bandit in the night.

Currently listening :
Alligator
By The National
Release date: By 03 April, 2006

1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Jerry
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/jannygirljr/?action=view&current=jerryjanetprom.jpg

No comments: