Saturday, October 13, 2007

4/4/07 - chef jannypoo!

April 4, 2007 - Wednesday


10:52 PM - chef jannypoo!

I just had my first bowl of my first-ever meal cooked entirely by me, courtesy of a recipe found online! Of course I've had hundreds of quick meals at home, but I've never followed a recipe step by step (ooh baby) until the bitter end--and this one didn't call for any mixes or pre-made packets of things, either! (Here I'm referring to other "recipes" I've claimed to follow in the past. While yummy, my vegetarian taco dinner does involve using a packaged kit you merely add to.)

So I made potato soup tonight. I peeled potatoes for the first time in my existence! I then diced them! Same with a single carrot! And those are just two of the SIX TO EIGHT ingredients! Thanks to Mr. CrackyCrockPot, the Soup DeeeLuxe was done 3 1/2 hours later.

Added lots of cheese to mix in, and ate away.

Yum.

I am a chef. Yip dee do.

I have a vat left if anyone wants a sample.

Currently listening :
Neon Bible
By Arcade Fire
Release date: By 06 March, 2007

3 Comments - 4 Kudos

Christa

gonna get to you girl. really want you in my world.

Posted by Christa on April 5, 2007 - Thursday at 11:32 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


K

this is something to be very proud of indeed! i recently made lasagna (ok, like 4 months ago) and it was the last thing i actually made (eggs and salad dont count) cause i am too lazy to clean up.

Posted by K on April 5, 2007 - Thursday at 4:37 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


amysalley

holy crap christa quoted NKOTB. and, yay janet! this reminds me of the time on the "snow day" when i created lentil soup and anna and i watched many many hours of six feet under while eating it. hot damn.

Posted by amysalley on April 6, 2007 - Friday at 11:09 AM

No comments: