Sunday, October 14, 2007

Am I smarter than a 5th grader?

I just played Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? on fox.com and cheated on the last question. That's right--I cheated! That's something my fifth grade self wouldn't do. But seriously: who would take the twenty minutes to play this boring online game in the first place? The time between questions is agonizing--there's a slow-motion eraser that erases the question, posts a "correct!" or "incorrect" sign on the blackboard, and then you must click another button for the magic eraser to reappear and do its slow stuff so the next question will appear.

It's so annoying, yet I sat through it for many questions until I became one of the winners. I'm now on the honor roll. But this was the last question:

Who composed the opera Carmen? It's Bizet. I didn't know this, but google.com taught me. Maybe I am smarter than a 5th grader because I could be resourceful enough and quick enough to do a google search before my time was up.

The end.

P.S. Don't go play the game. It sucks.

No comments: