Saturday, October 13, 2007

4/13/07 - David Sedaris hearts MC Geddis in the house

April 13, 2007 - Friday

1:31 AM - David Sedaris hearts MC Geddis in the house
Category: Writing and Poetry

Tonight I went to see & hear David Sedaris in Greenville, SC. My Aunt Dorothy invited me to be her date since my dearest uncle could not attend. Boy oh boy! I love hanging out when my Uncle Mike's around, but I'm ever-so-pleased that he was out of town and had to miss the show, because I saw David Sedaris, I saw David Sedaris! (Can you hear my schoolyard taunting & jeering? Good. That's as it's meant to be.)

My mother, Auntie Dot's eldest sister, recently discovered ol' Dave for herself and has no idea that I saw him tonight. Nor does she know that I got a copy of _Holidays on Ice_ signed for her.

It was only as we walked away from Greenville's Peace Center that I looked down and saw what he had inscribed:

Mary Carol,

I'm so angry I missed you.
-DS

Ha. She'll love it.

My aunt's inscription is lovely, too, but I'll let that be her little treasure. (Also, in case my Laura's reading this, I know Aunt Dorothy got a kick out of what David wrote to her and would rather pass the word herself than have me tell it first.)

Currently reading :
Holidays on Ice: Stories
By David Sedaris
Release date: By 01 November, 1998

2 Comments

Laura

7hanks for not spilling the beans, baby Janet!

Posted by Laura on April 13, 2007 - Friday at 2:12 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


anna

I saw DS tooooooo. amazing! He read his stadium pal catheter essay :)

Posted by anna on April 14, 2007 - Saturday at 3:22 AM

No comments: