Saturday, October 13, 2007

8/1/07 - trying yoga? or, Kathleen would be proud...

August 1, 2007 - Wednesday

(I'm embarrassed and ashamed to admit that as of Oct. 07 I still haven't done yoga!! EEEEK. What can I do to force myself? Love, Scared Me)


1:10 AM - trying yoga? or, Kathleen would be proud...
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

http://www.rubbersoulyoga.com

Does anyone want to join me in some cheap (or free) yoga classes at Rubber Soul? I have been planning on going for a year or so now, always thinking I'd get around to it. What am I waiting for? Rubber Soul is an awesome place (see website above), the classes are affordable (obviously), and beginners are more than welcome (and I'm most definitely the most clueless of clueless beginners). In fact, they encourage new people and even say that it may seem awkward for the first few sessions 'til you get used to things.

Yoga helps with relaxation, with breathing, with stress, with alignment, with pain.
Like many possible Migraine aids, I keep it at bay out there, not wanting to cash it in just yet. Because what if I start doing yoga and it doesn't help my headaches at all? I doubt that'll be the case, and even if it doesn't help my head pain it'll help my body and my sense of being.

But I do think it'll help. With a lot.

That doesn't mean I want to go to the first classes alone. Anyone want to accompany?

Wimpily but inspiringly yours,
Janet Ev

Currently listening :
Chariots Of Fire
By Vangelis
Release date: By 25 October, 1990

7 Comments - 4 Kudos

Jenn

I would totally go with you if I lived in Athens!!! Let me know how you end up liking it!

Posted by Jenn on August 1, 2007 - Wednesday at 7:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


laurie

i went to classes at rubber soul for a while last year. i really liked it, but i stopped going after a while because i'm lazy, apparently. what day are you thinking about going? i've been wanting to go back.

Posted by laurie on August 1, 2007 - Wednesday at 7:20 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


(Steady) Eddy

I'll go. I really love Cal. But yoga makes me cry and I get embarrassed and then I don't go back for a while.
So, if I won't embarrass you by sniffling a little, I'd love to conquer the fear with friendly faces around me. When are you planning to go? The August schedule is truncated because Cal is going out of town, I think. Kate's class on Saturdays is awesome but I recommend a slower class at first. She gives alternatives but it makes me feel weird when I can't even begin to think of standing on one foot but i'm hopping about trying not to look like a spastic improv dancer anyway.

Posted by (Steady) Eddy on August 1, 2007 - Wednesday at 9:57 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


K

i want to go! i want to go! damn the miles between us. i could use a class myself right now. careful, you might get addicted.
hugs!
k
ps-jilly is coming to town next week!!! maybe we can call you and giggle.

Posted by K on August 1, 2007 - Wednesday at 11:01 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mary Beth

Yes.

Oui.

Let's do it.

wink, wink

Posted by Mary Beth on August 1, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:48 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Sarah Beth

Yoga is the best thing in the world you can do! will change your life!

Posted by Sarah Beth on August 6, 2007 - Monday at 10:58 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Joe

I once tried yoga. But it was too early in the morning. I will try it again later.

Posted by Joe on August 11, 2007 - Saturday at 10:02 AM

No comments: