Saturday, October 13, 2007

4/15/06 - R.I.P., another piece of invaluable technology

April 15, 2006 - Saturday

11:47 PM - R.I.P., another piece of invaluable technology
Current mood: distressed

On Friday, April 14 at 3:02 AM (Eastern Standard Time), an entire glass of water was spilled* onto the keyboard of a certain Janet Geddis's precious baby laptop.

Though doctor Danny Hammond, computer whiz, has hopes of reviving its innerworkings and hard drive, J. Geddis remains draped in black, feeling that hopelessness is the only way to deal with this situation.

Should the baby be revived, in whole or in part, you'll all be notified.

For now, I sit in South Carolina at Aunt Dot's and Uncle Suarez's house, where I had to flee when I realized that even being in the same house as forever-black-screened baby laptop was too much to handle. That, and it's Easter and it's family time.

*note passive voice.

Don't assume 'twas I who spilled the water. And don't assume 'twas not.

2 Comments - 1 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Joe

Janet,

I'm sorry about your laptop. I would be enraged if such a thing happened to me. I'm glad you're merely distressed.

Posted by Joe on April 16, 2006 - Sunday at 4:24 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


anna

well, what better day for your laptop to rise from the dead than easter?

yeesh!

Posted by anna on April 16, 2006 - Sunday at 3:42 PM

No comments: