Saturday, October 13, 2007

5/22/06 - Your heart is true, you're a friend & a confidant...

May 22, 2006 - Monday

12:12 AM - Your heart is true, you're a friend & a confidant....
Category: Friends

I got a really, really bad case of the stomach flu the other day. Like, horrifically, terribly, disgustingly bad. The details would gross you out beyond repair, so I'll just refrain and move on to my point.

There are three blond Athenians who helped me survive this battle with Death, and I wanted to mention here how helpful they've been over the past several days. Around 4:45 AM eeaarrrlly Thursday morning, I called

Blond Nurse 1, Amy, who rushed over from her apartment to come take care of me. Upon hearing Amy approach the house, sickly Jan took about ten minutes to get to the door so she could unlock it, fainting a few times in the process. Once I even landed so that I was splayed all over the wooden coffee table, my chin throbbing where it had hit the corner. I awoke to Amy's yelling from outside the window, "Janet! Janet? Get up...verrrry slowly."

Hours later, she was still here, pretending that I wasn't gross when I was and pretending I was fun to hang out with even when my head was lolling about like the Exorcist.
We watched _Watcher in the Woods_ (featuring the Ugliest Girl in the World) and I sucked on ice cubes. One hot all-nighter!! You know what? I glanced over at one point, circa 6:32 AM, and noticed that Amy looked good. Like, looked as if she were out and about. And instead of thinking, "Damn you people with perfect skin!" I thought, "Wow. My friends are pretty." And I probably passed out again.

2nd Blond Nurse: Crackbaby (Anna)

Amy's tour of duty ended late morning on Thursday, and a couple hours later, Crackbaby took over. She stubbornly questioned me as to my health status and pushed me to go to the ER; in a true act of crack family compromise, we ended up at the UGA Acute Care Clinic, where Janny shuffled in with her personal red throw-up bucket. All the check-in ladies murmured, "Oh, poor baby!" This made baby Janny cry.

Crackbaby waited for me as I got tests done, ate nasty anti-nausea pills, etc. She replinished my Gatorade supply while I napped through my first IV ever and then drove me home.

Blond Nurse 3, Scott "Tapey" Allen (who refuses to be a myspace.com member) brought over bunches of movies yesterday, did ALL of my dishes (thank yuh, Massa Jesus), and made me my first real food in 4 days.

All in all, I'm awfully bored with this blog. My purpose was to talk about how amazingly supportive & wonderful my friends are, but instead I rambled on about my sickness. Luckily for you, I didn't go into excruciating detail.

The end.

2 Comments - 3 Kudos

K

oh darlin, i hope you feel better soon. your sickness is a cloud and these wonderful friends are the lining. 14 carrot gold. sorry, if you were feeling better this response might have made you sick again.

Posted by K on May 22, 2006 - Monday at 1:43 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


amysalley

i just want to reiterate that watcher in the woods has what i think is the ugliest child ever inflicted on the unsuspecting masses. bizarre scwunchy face. bleached blonde wig. oh, and it was supposed to have a pre-cgi time-warping dragon thingie, which i think should not have been cut.

and janet is pretty at 6:32 am too. more so when there's red medicine spilled on her shirt.

glad you are feelin' better, friend!

Posted by amysalley on May 23, 2006 - Tuesday at 7:30 PM

No comments: