Saturday, October 13, 2007

4/16/07 - Ryan Seacrest & me, plus 49 other mundane things even I didn't want to know

April 16, 2007 - Monday

9:59 PM - Ryan Seacrest & me, plus 49 other mundane things even I didn't want to know
Current mood: happy

1. Introduce yourself.
Bonjour, tout le monde. Je m'appelle Super Jan!!!

2. It's Thursday at noon, where are you usually?
Hanging out with a teensy baby. I have a regular babysitting gig and am usually with Adrian on Thursdays at noon. This coming Thursday I'll be ON THE WAY TO FLORIDA with Liz, though!!!

3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Purex!!

4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
Garnier Fructis

5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
tee hee hee

6. What countries have you been to?
Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Switzerland, England, Italy, Germany, and MORE TO COME!!

7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
Nope. Have flipped to it once in a while during trips to my parents' house, but I can't even force myself to be interested for more than a couple seconds. Maybe I'm catching the wrong shows, but I doubt it. I think it's just all bad.

8. What do you think about Oprah?
I think she's magically transformed by makeup and hair stylists.

9. What color are your bedsheets?
Right now, my full-sized, extra long bed features off-white T-shirt sheets.

10. You need a new pair of jeans..what store do you go first?
The Gap has been the only place of late that carries jeans that accurately fit these gams o' mine.

11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
I think I've seen snippets of 3 episodes in all.

12. What kind of car do you drive?
A gold *FOR SALE* 1996 Nissan Maxima *THAT'S FOR SALE*!! (Inquire for details.) Ha.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Soon I shall reclaim my car of yore, a 2003 Acura RSX descended straight from heaven.

13. Honestly, is that car insured?
The phrasing of that question grosses me out, as it reminds me of an obnoxious girl I went to elementary school with.
Yes, my current car is insured, and my future one will be, too. You get arrested instantaneously without insurance, fools.

14. Do you like sushi?
Dear lord, yes.

15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
Both, my dearest ones. But I've not purchased even the minutest object from either place.

16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
Yes, most notably in the never-have-to-do-chores realm.

17. Do you like roller coasters?
Yes, but in recent years they've made my head hurt more than they used to. This is tragic. I like the old-fashioned wooden ones, and Kennywood coasters can't be beat!

18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribed to?
I subscribe to Paste and love it. I have a mysterious free subscription to _Rolling Stone_ but never read it--just pass it off to Jim, especially when the covers are as enticing as they are this week (Rosario Dawson & Rose McGowan naked but for ammo covering their hoo-has).

19. Do you remember the WB show "Popular"?
I sure do. I don't think I watched it, though.

20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
A bar, by far. But I do like that Flicker Theatre and Dance Club.

21. What do you think about gay marriage?
Legalize it.

22. Who do you think will be the next president?
?

23. Are you registered to vote?
Of course. And I get teary-eyed almost every time I go despite my overwhelming lack of political-ness.

24. Do you own an iPod?
Yes, ol' Baby Blue. (Thanks, Perry!)

25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
Not really.

26. What kind of cologne/perfume do you wear?
Moonlight Path. Janet's signature scent, goin' strong since 2000.

27. Do you like Carrie Underwood?
I'm not sure who that is.

28. Been to "The Vegas"?
I've been to Las Vegas, it's true. Ole Hoecker lives there and gave me the tour of a lifetime over two years ago now.

29. How far away do you live from your parents?
8.5 hours away driving. Or a little less than three days if you want to count down the time 'til Liz & I see them next!!!

30. Are you happy with your job?
With my multiple part time jobs? Why, yes!

31. What do you do there?
Hang out with kids, read books, play outside, do ropes course activities, climb trees, edit papers, read some more, use the computer a lot, and confuse you by writing a brief job description of four distinct jobs in one sentence.

32. What did you get in the mail today?
Today = Addieville check from Michael, a water bill, and KAT DODD'S WEDDING INVITATION!
Yesterday = some prescription drugs (yessss), a grrreeeat package/letter from Sarah Beth, and a bill.

33. How do you like your steak cooked?
Medium. And preferably in Buenos Aires.

34. What about Britney Spears?
I don't have her cooked at all.

35. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?
3 soft tacos, meat & cheese only.
But I think I go once every six months or so now.

Once Nancy and I went and got the nastiest crispy mcsofttaconastiness treat special on earth. IT WAS SO GROSS. I think we may have vowed never to speak of it again. If that was the case, pretend you never read this.

36. Have you ever sat all the way through Gone With the Wind?
Yes, in 8th grade we all watched it at Haynes Bridge. I've never read it, as Kimi has. ;)

37. Have you ever been to Mt. Rushmore?
Nope.

38. Is it just me, or was The Marine(w/John Cena) a really horrible movie?
Who made this up?

39. Are surveys like the cocaine of myspace?
You're stretching here, buddy.

40. Where is your favorite place ?
Anywhere underneath starry starry skies. That's just one option, but I don't want to list. I'm bored.

41. What is your favorite candle scent?
Something very weak. Not flowery. That overpowering stuff drives a gal crazy.

42. Do you believe places can really be haunted?
Not in a scary way.

44. Have you ever been to NYC or LA?
I've spent years in NYC and a couple weeks' time in L.A. I prefer NYC but dig L.A.

45. How many states have you been to where all you saw was the airport?
0

46. Do you think 50 questions is enough?
When the questions are in this vein, zero would have been enough. Why am I doing this? I am going to read my book in a minute. That's my reward.

47. Are you currently planning a trip?
Yes. Two.
Janny is thrilled.

48. Is Ryan Seacrest gay?
THIS should answer your question:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket49. Do you take anti-depressants? Sleeping pills?
One of my daily Migraine meds fits the bill. You see, I take an anti-depressant that has one amazing side effect: sleepiness that will help me sleep through the night without waking up multiple times! This medication is a known drug therapy for us Migraine sufferers--did you know lots of anti-depressants are used to treat Migraines and not just depression? It's true. yip dee dooooo.

50. Have you ever googled your name and found out somebody famous or semi famous has your same name?
There is some Scottish nurse with my name. Gross. I'm clearly the best.

Currently reading :
Paula
By Isabel Allende
Release date: By 24 April, 1996

5 Comments - 4 Kudos

SUPER JAN!!


And I love you, boy who gets home from work at 4 AM and looks at my quiz answers before crawling into bed. Tee hee.

I like your Damnit-influenced spelling of my name as well. Inventive, he is.

Posted by SUPER JAN!! on April 17, 2007 - Tuesday at 9:36 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Hey Lindo look out ur Windo!!

These surveys are pretty random huh....but they are fun when im bored and both my babies are asleep!!!!

---Linda

Posted by Hey Lindo look out ur Windo!! on April 17, 2007 - Tuesday at 6:02 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Barbara

I have to ask, regarding question #13, who is the girl you are referring to? Honestly, you can tell me. Thanks for a good read, m'dear! :-)

Oh, and did I tell you that I went to the *same* HS as Seacrest. Yeah, and my husband was even friendly with him. But you, you've photographic proof of your connection. My, I'm jealous!

Posted by Barbara on May 30, 2007 - Wednesday at 5:03 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Casey Beth

You and your responses are hilarious and make sleeplessness bearable.

Posted by Casey Beth on July 16, 2007 - Monday at 7:52 AM

No comments: