Saturday, October 13, 2007

9/18/06 - why did I do it?! Cancel it, cancel it!!

September 18, 2006 - Monday

5:06 PM - why did I do it?! Cancel it, cancel it!!

I signed up for a creative writing class. I was going to sign up for the children's lit class, not because I thought it'd be simple to write a kid's story (quite the contrary), but because I thought it'd be less challenging for me than writing something for adults. I'm scared to write for an official CREATIVE WRITING class. But I signed up. Good for me, right? Right?

Eek.

It starts in an hour. Less than that. Liz is going to be in it, too, which is wonderful. And I know I have the talent, and I suspect that we won't be surrounded by the most amazing prodigies in the world. (That is not to say that I think we won't have talented people in our weekly class.) But I still am intimidated, because when I write for a class I start to write for other people instead of for myself, and the voice sounds inauthentic and cheesy and I don't like what I see.

So let's hope things go smoothly.

Category: Pointless blog entries that shouldn't have been written.

The end. Thanks for indulging me.

1 COMMENT

from JOE

No! Don't cancel it! Write! Creatively! Write until peregrine falcons come billowing out of your butt!

I think you do in fact have the talent. Let me know how it goes.

Posted by Joe on September 19, 2006 - Tuesday at 7:05 AM

No comments: