Saturday, October 13, 2007

September 16, 2006 - Saturday

6:25 PM - Christopher Guest movies

I gave A Mighty Wind another chance today. Watched it for the first time in late 2003 or early 2004 with my Pittsburgh friend Jeremy Martin and didn't love it; finished it again today and still don't love it. Best in Show remains my favorite, with Waiting for Guffman as a close second.

A new one comes out in November--excited!

That's all. Anyone have other preferences to express? Some people I know think A Mighty Wind is superior to all others, and I must say that I don't see why. Hmm...

Currently watching :
Christopher Guest 3-Pack (A Mighty Wind / Waiting for Guffman / Best in Show)
Release date: By 01 March, 2005

6 Comments - 4 Kudos


you betta bekahnize!

A Mighty Wind is my least favorite, although Fred Willard is BRILLIANT. "Hey...wha' happened?" "I got a weel wed wagon." Mine favorite is Waiting for Guffman, but I think that's because I'm an actor and its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO on point. Which is both brilliant and sad when you find yourself thinking "I live in Waiting for Guffman".

Posted by you betta bekahnize! on September 16, 2006 - Saturday at 6:42 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


SUPER JAN!!

Yeah, I love Waiting for Guffman. It was the movie that made me fall in love with the entire "mockumentary" format, as much as I disdain the word itself. As a recovering actor who may dip back into that world again someday, I understand all too well how accurate it all is. But the lines and improv and delivery of Best in Show!! Oh, I don't know. I think I can just chalk it up to some inexplicable personable preference. They're both great. As for This is Spinal Tap, I've never seen it all the way through, so I can't let that be part of the running yet...

Let us hope that the new one is good enough to compete with the old'uns!! yeehaw.

Posted by SUPER JAN!! on September 16, 2006 - Saturday at 6:52 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Laura

Best in Show is so quotable!

I woke up, I was so glad...

We met at Starbucks ... not the same Starbucks ...

We could talk or not talk for hours and still find things to not talk about ...

Posted by Laura on September 17, 2006 - Sunday at 12:25 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jenn

Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would think _A Mighty Wind_ is better than the others. I ADORE _Best in Show_, and it is my favorite by far.

Posted by Jenn on September 17, 2006 - Sunday at 11:22 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


George

I love all of them, including A Mighty Wind. I really like the music (albeit a very strange sort of like since the music is so satirical), and that makes up for the things that A Mighty Wind doesn't do as well as the rest.

If you've never watched the bonus features on the Best in Show DVD, that's a must. I'm normally not a fan of bonus features on DVDs--after all, there is a reason why most of this stuff was cut--but they're really good on Best in Show.

Posted by George on September 17, 2006 - Sunday at 12:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christa

Why does everyone say Best in Show is their favorite? It's so obviously only a few notches above A Mighty Wind.

Posted by Christa on September 18, 2006 - Monday at 9:25 AM

No comments: