Saturday, October 13, 2007

6/30/06 - things that peeve others that merely make me smile

June 30, 2006 - Friday

11:27 PM - things that peeve others that merely make me smile

1. Drove most of the 12 hours to Pittsburgh today while my parents napped or read books, rarely trying to entertain me. We would have made it in the ten hours I predicted were it not for the accident that had all four lanes of I-77 closed somewhere in West Virginia. Alas. I ain't complaining about the delay--clearly, those folks had things a lot worse off than we did.

2. Last night/this morning I was talking on the phone and my comrade fell asleep while I was talking. Let me reiterate: I was in the middle of a heartfelt sentence, and HE FELL ASLEEP. I just started giggling as I tried to sing off-key made up tunes into the cell phone to awaken him--to no avail, of course. Are females capable of such an utterly quick, deathlike sleep? If so, I've never known one.

3. I am clearly busy writing, staring at the screen, and my mom keeps taking to me about humorous but nonsensical things and my dad is commenting on irrelevant issues and soliciting my opinion. They are ridiculous and mildly annoying, but I shall not be annoyed. Lord. I shall try... :)

4. I am hungry, so hunga-hunga-hungry. But the only available food is from the vending machine and I think I just want to curl up in this hotel bed and experience the novelty that is falling asleep before midnight on a Friday. The annoyance = insatiable hunger. The part that is making me laugh = the humorous gurgles and utterances coming from my belly. I shall ignore it and look forward to pigging out on the continental breakfast.

Tomorrow our Geddis family reunion officially kicks off in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio. I'll post some photos upon my return; they'll surely change your life for the better whether or not you've heard of the place.

...and onto the next chapter.

No comments: