Saturday, October 13, 2007

7/18/06 - lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy Jane...

July 18, 2006 - Tuesday

10:06 PM - lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy Jane...

Today I had all the time in the world to have meaningful, productive day. I think I did hit both nails on the head, but not in the ways in which I initially intended. Had a yummy lunch at Cali N Tito's (the newest incarnation of Caliente Cab, now housed in the building where Achim's K-Bob used to be on Lumpkin) with Jim & Joe. As we pulled into the parking lot, I saw a silver Saturn that made me think of Nancy, which of course made me reminiscent of the time Evil Manager at Achim's drove us to the point of writing a letter to Flagpole--or at least drove us to discussing the would-be letter in immense detail. I got my change back from the cashier and felt someone tap my shoulder--and it was Nancypants Gawminator!! I must admit that my emotions took me by surprise: at first I merely shrieked and jumped up and down a few times. Shortly thereafter, I felt the tears begin and couldn't stop them. I miss her so much, I tell you--she and a rather attractive fellow were in town to move more stuff out of her Athens house.

After lunch, Joe left for his sister's in NC and I proceeded to the po-po station where I had to pay for police reports (!). As ridiculous as it is to have to pay for a copy of an incident report outlining a crime you were a victim of, I must admit that I won out on this one: you see, I got away with paying $5 less than I ought to have. Long story, but confusion at the ol' station led the kind lady behind the counter to believe that I had already paid $5 of the $6, and though I tried to correct her at first, I figured that if she wasn't hearing it, I wouldn't try too much harder to force my few dollars upon her. So...I left, moderately victorious and slightly less annoyed at having to pay. I was the victim, folks! THE VICTIM!! Then I ran a couple more errands and proceeded to watch not one, not two, but 2.7 movies as I dozed all day. It was amazing. Hits included _The 40-Year-Old Virgin_, _Big Top Pee Wee_, and _Ten_, starring Dudley Moore.

Dinner consisted of some yummy, stomache ache-inducing Agua Linda. Now I'm going to blast music and clean....

1 Comment


Joe

I had to pay the price later for that exxxtra picante Mayan sauce ingested at lunch.

Posted by Joe on July 19, 2006 - Wednesday at 1:41 AM

No comments: