Saturday, October 13, 2007

4/18/06 - raise the roof

April 18, 2007 - Wednesday

3:13 PM - raise the roof

I'm getting part of my roof replaced. It'll be metal/tin, while the rest of the house will be its usual greyish normal-roof self. I'm afraid it'll look weird, but not afraid enough to spend the $1000 extra it costs to replace the damaged area with the darker rubbery material that'll last a long time. So we'll see what happens and deal with the consequences. Worse things have happened than disliking your roof.

And who knows? Maybe I'll like it.

My neighbor, he of the ceaselessly barking & nipping dogs and late night parties, is upset with me because he thinks the metal roof will illuminate his living room. Fair argument, I guess, but it will be rendered null and void when he sees that the only part that's metal is nearly flat and not facing his house at all, but instead facing the sky.

I started this to say how terribly loud it was in here and how I wanted to do something but didn't really want to leave my house, exactly. Didn't want to waste gas and didn't feel up to walking downtown after having gone on two long walks while babysitting today.

And then Crackbaby called to ask if I could accompany her to visit a baby kitty she might adopt!
So I'm going on a kitty errand.

The end.

1 Comment

K

i do enjoy your blogs janny. its been over a year since i have heard your sweet voice but somehow these blogs make it all ok.

Posted by K on April 18, 2007 - Wednesday at 5:10 PM

No comments: