Saturday, October 13, 2007

3/26/07 - strawberry malt 'n' tummyache

March 26, 2007 - Monday

11:41 PM - strawberry malt 'n' tummyache

I love drinking beer. You all know this. Much to my chagrin, there's a pretty big possibility that beer might be a Migraine trigger for me, so I may have to weed it out of my diet. I frequently go out "for drinks" a few times a week--this often results in my sitting at the bar with a pint glass of water (no ice) and no alcohol in reach. The invitation to go out for drinks is merely a way of asking friends to go out for a chat.

Tonight Chris H. and I decided to hang out for a tit bit. I wasn't in the mood to go to a bar, and I certainly didn't want to imbibe any caffeinated beverages after dark, so a coffee shop didn't sound too appealing. "Do you want to get a milkshake?" he asked.

Perfect.

We went to the Grill, where the diner atmosphere was somewhat (okay, very) altered by what Chris described as new age-meets-techno music, one track (or what struck us as one track, okay?) playing during the entire shake-sipping process. It was odd, to say the least.

But fun. Odd but fun, which is a simplistic yet accurate way to describe most of my day-to-day human interaction.

I am 89.4% sure that the shake-maker used vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce to make my half-milkshake, half-malt. It was too sweet and not the genuine article, if you ask me. Now I am being a bit of a hypocrite, some might point out, because I am a true believer in The One True Way of Making a Chocolate Shake. The shake should be made with vanilla ice cream and Hershey's chocolate syrup, NOT chocolate ice cream.

But in making a strawberry shake, one needs to use strawberry ice cream and no syrups.

Those are the rules. Take them, or revoke your rights to make my milkshake to the tune of $3.99.

My tummy is jumpy now. Serves me right for being so bitchy.
Yip dee do.

Speaking of tummies, I got an email saying a friend of mine from college is knocked up and moving to the West Coast. She's goofy and crazy enough I thought it was a joke at first. But I think this one might be for real. Sweet Baby Jesus.

Currently listening :
The Essential Toto
By Toto
Release date: By 30 September, 2003

3 Comments

Christa

at least you aren't lactose intolerant. then you could only go out for juice boxes.

Posted by Christa on March 27, 2007 - Tuesday at 9:45 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lizzz

we must have JUST missed each other at the grill. And to think, I thought of you last night when I looked at the sign for milkshakes. Psychicness.

Posted by Lizzz on March 27, 2007 - Tuesday at 6:44 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nina

wait. . . who's knocked up and moving to the west coast?????

Posted by Nina on March 30, 2007 - Friday at 8:07 AM

No comments: