Friday, November 16, 2007

the strike continues


The more I learn about the television writers' strike, the more irate I become. It is scandalizing, ridiculous, horrific, terrible, insulting, etc., etc. that the writers aren't paid for DVD sales and internet viewings of shows they've written.

Reading the articles and blog entries on this site is pretty useful, and watching videos online of the strike are pretty entertaining and informative. (One featuring The Daily Show writers is here. A couple with Sarah Silverman & friends are here and here.)

I'm sure I'll miss my TV shows once they stop soon (some, such as The Daily Show, already have ceased for now), but this is so important. The only way to figure out what's really going on with the strike is NOT to watch coverage on TV, of course. Whether or not you're a frequent TV watcher, it's important to keep yourself informed. Unless you've never rented or bought a DVD of a TV show or watched a TV show online, I shall not excuse you from visiting the official writers' union blog and some independent news source that will give you a relatively unbiased take on the goings-on.

The end!

No comments: