Tuesday, November 20, 2007

new & old fun things of the day

My new iBook battery arrived today. $113 brought me happiness and a blissful relationship with my baby computer once again. The old battery died what I now know to be a predictable death after 18 months or so of working like crazy to keep my computer on almost constantly. (I never turn my computer off. Apparently that's a bad habit.) I charged the new girl up and it's been running for nearly three hours so far--over two to go 'til it conks out. Worth the investment, I tell you. I'll take a more expensive Mac with the more expensive, long-life batteries over the quick-to-decharge Windows-based laptops any day. At least the laptops I had, for they never lasted longer than 45 minutes or so before needing to be plugged in.

In other news, I rediscovered my online persona here today. I think this evening marked the third time I stumbled across my internet self on 43things.com. Interesting to see my goals outlined like that. (Check it out if you remain clueless--it's kind of cool, but only if you can maintain 44,123 personalized websites at once. I obviously cannot.) After months of not logging in, it was rather satisfying to click the "I've done this!" icon next to a couple of my goals. It seems I'd not logged on since my trip to Europe--before that trip, I must have added "travel to Europe" to my list of goals.

Anywho.

I'm also going to buy a replacement battery for my iPod mini. Most folks would get a new iPod for tons of money. Not I, said the cat. I have friends like F'n Jimmy who let me know about replacement batteries that are cheap and can be replaced by yours truly or by Jimmy himself, who likes to tinker with electronics. I love you, Mac, but if I can spend less than $20 getting a replacement battery kit on ebay, I'm going with that instead of a $200 iPod. Yip dee do, working iPod, here I come!

Time to finish up packing. Jim and I head to Florida tomorrow. We must leave bright and early to make sure we arrive in time for the IRCC happy hour. Entertainingly drunk old folks, here we come!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments: