Tuesday, February 3, 2009

noncommittal blogging alert

I decided to get a Tumblr.com account. My username is jannygirljr. Thanks, Lawson, for the inspiration.

There are often moments when I see things I want to share with people, but it's getting to the point where Facebook is rife (or overstuffed) with users' posts on TONS of stuff, so I'm discouraged from posting mine. I don't know why I resist--maybe I don't want people to see how much I am on Facebook wasting my life away.

The articles, photos, and slice o' life stories are often not substantial enough for a blog entry (in my strange rule system), so I usually end up not sharing. Tumblr has granted my wish to be able to have a thought occur to me and post it immediately. Today I remembered a funny photo of my dad and decided to post it along with a story. I guess I could've written about it in my blog, but it seemed more fun to post on my mini-blog. Ew. Mini-blog.

Adieu.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I'm following you!

PS (Are you on Twitter? Could you be? Thanks.)

Janet said...

P., I opened and closed a twitter account in the space of 10 days or so. At the time it just seemed like too much for me, what with the availability of constant FB status updates and my personal blogs. We'll see if I rejoin...keep your fingers crossed.