Monday, December 8, 2008

some favorite photos (summer 2006)

taken in Toronto

taken in Toronto



Just one of many gorgeous spots on the Islands in Toronto


My grandfather's name was Herbert Geddis, and he was a fireman. I was
delighted to find a fire station on Herbert Av. in Toronto!



The Tilt-a-Whirl at Erieview (or "Pera's") Park in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio. A few
months after this was taken, the longtime amusement park was dismantled and is now no longer.

Here are some photos from summer 2006 that I shot. I have recently tried to get back into photography a bit, and I'm succeeding! I want some fancy lenses and such that will fit my digital SLR. When I bought my digital SLR a year ago, I was under the impression that my rather large collection of lenses and accessories (given to me by my grandfather) would fit the body of the new digital. Wrong impression. It seems there's no adapter to get these lenses to fit on any camera made in the last ten years, so I'm pretty disappointed.

The need for this statement won't ever arise, I'm sure, but here it is anyway: Please do not repost, reprint, or share the photographs on this site without express written permission from Janet Geddis. Thank you.

2 comments:

brandi p said...

nice photos lady! What kind of D SLR do you have?

Mary Carol said...

Ah,when Dukie and I were in T.O. in May, I pointed out the firehouse at Herbert St. to him. Oh,I love The Beaches! And remember our delicious Thai food(and I resisted going there!). I do not remember ever seeing that first pic on here, though.