Wednesday, October 8, 2008

that time R.E.M. played a private show for me and I didn't show up

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! My dear Brandi posted a couple of Blogotheque videos on her awesome blog, and in my monthly review of her writing, I stumbled across this one of R.E.M. playing in Athens.

Playing behind my house.
Literally behind my house. Maybe fifty feet from my porch. WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS WAS HAPPENING? True the shows aren't publicized. True Michael Stipe doesn't know we're friends (even though we are, of course). Oh I'm sad. But also excited. I mean, R.E.M. played a show next to my house.

See it here. Now if Sweet and Sarah Beth could cry with me for a minute, I'd feel better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am crying for you!!!
: _ _ _ (

too sad.

Like when stipey had a book signing in santa monica and we could have gotten his signature and said "i love you" but stewart forgot to tell us.

:(

Mary Carol said...

I bet if I were in town,I would have been invited. AND I would have been told I could bring some guests. Maybe I woulda taken you and Jim. Or maybe just Jim...