Wednesday, January 30, 2008

some pain in the membrane

I have had the same Migraine for two days now. This hasn't happened to me in awhile, though it used to be the routine. This feels like my Migraine pain of yesteryear. I once described it to my mother like this: someone has used a cold metal drill to drill out a hole from my eyebrow straight back through my head, behind my eye. Now a cold, cold, icy wind is blowing through, sending the nerves into fits and starts as they spasm in pain. Like floaters in your eyes or dim stars in the sky, the pain is not always easy to sense--the moment I try to focus on it to describe it, it morphs and seems to dissipate. Seconds later, I get distracted and it comes rushing back, the stars becoming clear as soon as I shift my vision to the left or right a bit.

It sucks.

But I don't mean to complain.

I do wonder why I always am so worried that people think I'm complaining. If you think I'm complaining and don't like it, don't read it!

And now I'm worried I'll offend.

Turns out I'll just lie down now and hope the meds finally kick in in time for me to do my storytelling job at 7. So far I'm thinking they won't, as all day I've felt the same. Blllaaaaaaaaahhh. Wah.

No comments: