Thursday, January 31, 2008

Masta Cleansuh Diego Catalan


Jim is doing this crazy Master Cleanse. My sort-of friend Crystal* (a lovely gal I like lots but don't know well--she's my friend Garrick Cheyne's wife) did the same cleanse several months back and wrote about it on my myspace blog every day for a week--the results were positive overall, but I'm not going to fast anytime soon. For one thing, skipping a meal or two is a recipe for disaster on the Migraine front. Plus I like to eat, and I'm sort of a bitch when my blood sugar is low. (Don't corroborate that story too eagerly or I'll punch.)

Anywho. This marks the end of the second full day of his lemonade diet. He's made these brews according to a very specific recipe. I shall now summarize it generally: A little lemon juice (from lemons, not from the bottle!), some purified water (preferably warm), real maple syrup (darker grade the better), and a smidgen of cayenne pepper. YUM! I took one sip and it wasn't all that bad, especially since fasting with it for ten days or more promises "the fastest and most effective way to regain your vitality and to feel the joy of living again."

I'll let you know how he's acting and feeling after a few days. He tends to get a bit grumbly when his tummy's empty (like me!) but hasn't been like that at all, surprisingly. Perhaps he is as tudey as he usually is when starving, but this time he's holding it in because he has this new monastic je ne sais quoi about him.

I leave it to you.

1 comment:

tuppenhut said...

Beyonce totes tried that diet. Also, I thought Jim was trying to gain at least 130 pounds in 6 months or something - isn't a fast counteractive?