Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dancer vs. Politician

I love this band. The members are charming and extraordinarily attractive (I dare you not to have a crush on lead singer/composer/founder Sanni Baumgartner), and the music really resonates with me despite my not knowing a lick of German. (A number of the songs on the new album, A City Half-Lost, are in German; the rest are in good ol' English.)

I've seen this video a number of times, but I can't get enough of it. It's lush and beautiful--the setting is so very Georgia summer, if you will. The music is pretty yet unpolished in the video, which is a part of a series I'd like to know more about.

Take a look:

2 comments:

brandi p said...

whewwww.... I though you had abandoned Jannygirl! Thank the blogging world ya didn't!
I have to admit, I have a huge crush/ borderline obsession with Sanni... who wouldn't! The web radio I listen to has recently picked up one of their songs... sounds beautiful as always, and makes me miss Athens even more... if that is even possible.

Mary Carol said...

Sanni is gorgeous...so glad I saw her on election night at Flicker. Donny ain't bad lookin' either...
Mom
p.s. The video is very good.