Monday, August 4, 2008

perfectionistic boss lady who doesn't want to work

Here's the deal: I'm the treasurer of my condo community and, while I value the experience (especially as it relates to my future bookstore business), I'm tired of it! I've been tired of it since the week after I said I'd be the secretary.

When I moved in here, I was thrilled at the notion that I wouldn't have to cut my own lawn or paint my own house when either needed upkeep. My monthly condo dues would pay for that! The condo board would just handle any issues that came up.

Except I wasn't expecting to be on the condo board. For much of my time living here, I've been the only [frequently] active member of the board. I resent the time these duties take away from my schedule, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to let someone else take over. Oh wait--no one would take over.

In all, the official duties as treasurer aren't so bad, as long as things are working smoothly and no major snafus come up. Too bad so sad that MANY a snafu has risen (GROSS phrase) and being on the board is not so peachy keen, and not so easy.

I just wanted to vent. Someday I will have my own house and will pay for someone to cut the lawn. I will not worry about someone else's trash on our common property. I will not have to get approval from my neighbors if I want to alter the appearance of my house. It will be grand.

Until then, I plow on...

No comments: